Friday, September 1, 2017

A Bit About This Blog

I chose “A Wonder-Full Perspective” as the label for this collection of writings because having a childlike heart of wonder in our awesome God whose ways and thoughts are bigger than ours has been a desire for me for most of my walk with the Lord. I feel like this attitude of simple faith and “wonder” is something I have to work hard to snuggle into comfortably, often feeling it fits me like a silk glove on a two-toed sloth. But it’s becoming more natural. One of my incentives for beginning to write here is the belief that God will use this effort of giving Him my “pen” (or keyboard, as the case may be) to help me to become more childlike in my wonder of Him and His ways.  It’s so easy on the journey through this life to become bogged down with the Enemy’s voices and cynical ideas. I want to be one of the voices that chooses not to be silent but declares that no matter what it looks like right now, we shall see the goodness of the Lord, both in this “land of the living” and in the celestial land of the truly alive! (See Psalm 27:13) I hope that you, whoever you are, will read these writings and find your heart lifted a little closer towards our Abba Father and His good heart for us. 

No comments: